Monday, December 4, 2006

OK, I have a blog. Now what?

Oh, great. Just what I need, a new hobby.

Crafty Kitchen is named in fond remembrance of our kitchen, where we used to be able to prepare food before it was repurposed as a craft factory. We live in a small apartment. Therefore, we lack what in the '70s was commonly and quaintly referred to as a rec room.

In the Crafty Kitchen, I make mosaics and I sew. And I'd like to use this blog to promote the stuff I make, with the hope of eventually selling some of it and starting a small business. Because, simply, I like to make things. And because we do live in a small space, we can't possibly keep all the things I make.

So that's where you come in. I'll be posting photos of mosaics and sewing projects I'm working on, as well as general musings and photos of other staffers here at the Crafty Kitchen. There's one already posted below.

So don't be shy. Go ahead and add a comment. Even you moms, honourary moms, aunts and other techno-hesitant folk. It's really easy. And that's the point of a blog, right?

More to come soon, with photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're right, it is really easy to add comments. and fun! put up more pictures of grammar's involvement in the crafting - they're funny! Put some tiles on her or something. Or maybe continue with the cat-fashion design. Her cape really just brushes the surface! She needs a christmas cape for the season - poor Gram all naked at christmas!