Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving craftiness

As you saw last week, I started working on mosaicking our bedside tables. Well, after my visiting in-laws left yesterday afternoon, I dove right into grouting. As usual, I can never wait to see what a piece looks like when it's grouted.




So here they are! I think the grout colour looks great. It was Chad's idea. I was planning to do a very dark brown, so the top would look very uniform, with the gold of the tiles winking out from the dark grout. But Chad thought the little tables might end up looking like two black holes in our bedroom. And he was absolutely right. So I picked a sandy coloured grout, which turned out to match the colour of the wooden legs perfectly.

So this morning when we got up, I gave them a quick polish with some vinegar and put them beside the bed. They look all sparkly and nice, and they'll look even better when our bedroom isn't baby blue anymore.

And now when we set a glass down on them, we get a 'clink' instead of a 'thunk.' Very satisfying, for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. They're gorgeous! You could be making a mint, Amy.