Monday, March 12, 2007

This just in!



Stacey was sick this weekend, but she somehow managed to send me these shots of the mosaic I made her for Christmas. She has handily mounted it on her kitchen wall, where it looks so fabulous I can’t stand it! When I made the mosaic, I had no idea it would match her kitchen so perfectly—serendipity!

Stacey’s description of her illness made me laugh so heartily I must reprint it here: “Hey, I was supposed to work today, but instead am at home puking and having "loose stools" as we refer to them in the healthcare world--likely a bug i picked up in that very same healthcare world! ugh!”

My ultra-talented little polymath sister also sent me the following photos she took. The images in the e-mail were all called “aroundtown.033.jpg,” “aroundtown.032.jpg,” etc. So, in honour of her fledgling photography career, I present to you the “Around Town” series, by Stacey (she’s so damn doo-doo-doo-I-can- do-anything-and-make-it-look-easy, I doubt she even knows she’s shot a very professional and photographerly series).








I actually find the “Around Town” moniker strangely hilarious and cute. This may be because I’ve recently discovered “Cat Town.” You really shouldn’t check it out unless you’re alone or not worried about being judged by those around you. And if you have any liquid in your mouth, it will surely be shot out of your nostrils. Beware.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look really nice in the kitchen! I found the rack at Michael's in their new antique home aisle - some really cute decorative jars etc.

And, I am thinking about enlarging some of those pictures and putting them up myself, some of them turned out really nice. The reason i took them was because i've been on the look-out for some artwork of peterborough or brighton that really tickles-my-fancy but haven't seen anything. I just decided to take some pictures of some of the scenes i love, you just never know what i'll do next!
I did find a cool arial view of presquile over the summer - still looking for a frame to fit it though.

Anonymous said...

OK, Nannie, whatever 'tickles your fancy.'