Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Oh, sorry. I thought you said those pants didn't fit you anymore...



so I made them into more cat beds!! Chad and I were starting to clean out our closets for our move next month. He came across two pairs of pants with dangerously thin crotch areas (cycling is very hard on pants). To save any embarrassing potential pant crotch failure, we decided to decommission this pair of cords and pair of jeans.

I still had more leftover fleece from Christmas presents, so rather than move it, I stuffed the new cat beds with it. Each pant leg made one bed, so I ended up with four pant-beds (funny! a pant-bed!), and one more made of an old button-down Gap shirt. And, as you can see above, I'm left with two very hot pairs of '70s-style cutoffs, which I'll be wearing this summer (not on your life).

The new beds will be donated to the Toronto Humane Society again. The Humane Society does pretty well by us--Chad and I are monthly donors, and we're always dropping off old towels or blankets, which they use for the animals. In fact, they have a wish list of stuff they need. And you can always give me your clothing cast-offs and I'll stitch them into a snuggly bed. It's a good way to assuage your guilty consumptive soul.

No comments: